"Raphael Iaccarino is an internationally recognized artist whose paintings are exhibited in public and private collections worldwide. Inspired by the magnificence of the tropical rain forest and jungles, his vivid watercolors have received much acclaim for their originality and outstanding artistic merit.
First introduced to the beauty and ecological importance of the rain forests and jungles of Central America in 1981, Iaccarino became intrigued by the vast possibilities for creative expression to be found there. After numerous visits to Costa Rica and experiencing these visual concepts first hand, the rain forests and jungles have become a major focal point for this artist.
Immersing himself in the world of the tropical terrain, Iaccarino is able to convey its sensual aura through watercolor, utilizing his exceptional talents to portray the majestic foliage in all its brilliance and splendor in a medium seldom used for powerful expression. The vivid colors and bold lines merge with subtle shadings and lighting to present captivating visual effects."
-Terry Lindral, Arts Reviewer
“Iaccarino is a painter who absorbs the scenes and structures of the world and expresses them with High Renaissance vitality in contemporary works that pulse with the life force.”
-Julie Jensen, Arts Reporter
"One thinks of a symphony orchestra tuning up. The various instruments making discordant sounds in different tempos. The maestro steps up. Suddenly there is music. Incredible music. Before a palette of colors, Iaccarino becomes a maestro."
- RJR Reynolds Corporate Architectural Exhibition, Hanover, New Jersey
- Mid America Biennial, Owensboro Mueseum of Fine Art, Owensboro, KY
- HOTHOUSE, John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan, WI
- Flora, Chicago Botanic Garden, Chicago, IL
- American Artists Professional League, National Exhibition, Salmagundi Club, New York, NY
- Watercolor U.S.A., Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, MO
- Encyclopedia of Living Artists, Renaissance, CA
- The American Artists Professional League Grand National, New York, NY
- National Watercolor Oklahoma, Oklahoma Art Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Watercolor Society of Alabama, Birmingham Museum of Art, AL
- Spiva Annual Competition, Spiva Art Center, Joplin, MO
- LaGrange National XI, Chattahoochee Valley Art Association, LaGrange, GA
- Milford Fine Arts Council, Equitable Life Assurance Society, Milford, CT
- Aqueous, Kentucky Watercolor Society, McGrath Gallery, Louisville, KY
- Annual National Competition, Atlanta Art Center, Atlanta, GA
- International Artists Exhibition, Brand Library Art Gallery, Glendale, GA
- Louisiana Watercolor Society, Bossier City Arts Council, Bossier, LA
- New Orleans Biennial National, International Trade Bldg., New Orleans, LA
- The Pillsbury Company,"Challenge of the Land," Minneapolis, MN
- The Friends Gallery Sixth Annual Exhibition for Corporations & Professionals, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, MN
- Italian American Artists Exhibition, Italian Cultural Center, Chicago, IL